Find our current challenge HERE
Find the latest winners HERE



Saturday, 1 September 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness/Think Pink

*** Updated to show a photo of me having my head shaved!***

A Special Challenge!
Good Morning all you lovely Crafty Pad readers!
It's Dawn here, with very
special post to share today!
Many of you will know that my Mum has had Breast Cancer Surgery
& is now in the midst of Chemotherapy.
As a result of this, she has lost her hair!

Here's Mum & I
To support my Mum & to honour everyone out there who has been
affected by Breast Cancer,I have decided to have my head shaved.
I asked my Mum which charity she'd like me to fundraise for
You can read more about it on my Just Giving Page!
I hope that if you do pop over,
you may be able to help with a small donation.
If everyone who reads this donates just £1/$1 it will
 boost the fund dramatically! Every little helps!
My Head Shave Event is on Saturday the 8th September.


To mark this, momentous occasion,Debbie has kindly allowed me
 to take over a section of the Challenge Blog to run a 
Special Month Long Challenge!
The theme?
Breast Cancer Awareness and /or Think PINK
not just a little pink but lots of PINK!
Debbie, the lovely Boss, has also
created some lovely FREE images & sentiment tickets
for you to play with!




VERSE 1




















Please feel free to take them, but  can I ask that if you do,
Please don't share them,
 send your friends over instead, to pick them up from here!
Would you also please include a link back to The Crafty Pad
when you use them

I also contacted some of the fantastic regular Sponsors of 
who donated some whopping prizes for you all to play for!

£12 to spend on downloads from the shop

A whopping £25 Voucher 

An amazing £30 gift certificate!

Lili Of The Valley
A £ 10 Voucher for their shop!

The Stamping Boutique
3 individual images (No Sets)

I also asked the girls of the DT to help me out!
Here are their wonderful Creations,





Diane




Rachel




Pauline



Helen








I think you'll agree the teams samples are awesome & showcase Debbie's
lovely FREEBIES beautifully.
We can't wait to see what you create either with Debbie's images
or any image of your choice for the challenge!
Breast Cancer Awareness and/or Think Pink
xxThe Crafty Pad Teamxx

30 comments:

Trina said...

Best of luck with your fundraiser! Very sweet thing to do!

Denise said...

Will these images be free through the end of October (breast cancer awareness month) in the U.S.? The reason I ask is that I have a free digi challenge blog and would really like to use some of these images for our October challenge. The only hitch is that whatever images we use, must be free for the duration of the challenge. I'd love to use some of these if possible ... linking back to you of course. You can check us out at www.DigiHaven.BlogSpot.com. You can thank Dawn Lancaster for the link to your blog :o) ♥ Denise ... DigiHavenDT@Yahoo.com

Debbie said...

Denise yes these images will remain Freebies and are Free to use for anyone making BCA projects etc. :)

Debbie said...

Fabulous examples ladies - really proud of you all. :)

Good Luck Dawn with your Head Shave too. :)

rachel said...

this is looking fab everyone - back from my hols now so will set my card up to come out as a blog post tomorrow! Hugs Rachel xx

Redanne said...

That is such a lovely thing you are doing Dawn, for your Mum. Cancer Research is one of the charities I contribute to every month, it is such a worth cause. Wishing you all the very best. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Dawn said...

Ladies, I am so grateful to you all for making these lovely sample & especially to you Debbie for letting me do this & for creating these lovely images!
Let's also hope we get lot's of people playing for these fab prizes from our sponsors!
Dawn xx

Cleah said...

Thanks so much for the images and sentiments! They're perfect for reminding us ladies to care for our health.:)

Katina said...

Best of luck with your fundraising Dawn! Thanks, Debbie, for the fabulous images to work with too.
xx

Denise said...

Thank you Debbie. I'll be sure to add a link to these images when our October post goes live. Thank you again!

Denise said...

On behalf of the Digi Haven Design Team I've made a donation to this fundraiser. I think we've all been touched in some way by this horrific disease. I'm sorry Dawn's mom, or any woman, has to go through this. Best Wishes and I'm hoping this fundraiser surpasses the set goal. Every bit help ... ♥ Denise

CraftyGirl said...

Thank you so much for the free images Debbie. Good to get that word out when we can.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

Silverbutterfly said...

Love your cards, had a scare earlier this year. A spot on my breast, but all turned out okay..

Silverbutterfly

Linby said...

Thanks for the freebie, amazing DT work.
Linbyx

Suze said...

Thank you for these images. Hugs, Suze

Charlene Mitchell said...

Beautiful images - thanks so much!

Lynne said...

Simply inspiring. Well done. Lynne from OZ

Chris said...

Thank you so much for these wonderful images. I lost my best friend to breast cancer four years ago. She was afraid to go to the doctor. She waited until she was stage 4. It is so important to check yourself and get a check up yearly . Due to my rare disease I can not have a Mamogram so I have an Ultra Sound. My payres

Kathi Silvia said...

Thank you so much these are so awesome!! Best of luck to your mom and you are brave to shave your head :)

Happycrafter Shell said...

Thank you for the wonderful free digis I am going to be creating something with them later in the week :D Dawn good luck with the head shave and I wish your mum a speed and safe recovery. xxx

CG said...

Thank you for this wonderful Challenge, the fabulous freebies, and the INCREDIBLE DT projects! Wow!

Annie Anya said...

Creations are obvioiusly made with a lot of pride, empathy and thoughts for those not so lucky. I am definately going to join in this challenge. The freebies are also incredible...thanks..luv annie

Margrit said...

I discovered the joys of card making when I was having chemotherapy for my breast cancer - there are some amazing cards here xx

Kristina said...

Thank you so very much for the freebies they are truly wonderful!
I just LOVE all of the DTs creations! They are all GREAT! I just love the card w/ the verse and then the bras and different sizes so creative! Great job ladies!
Peace,
KristyLee

Karen said...

Such wonderful creations from all..
The images are a lovely idea too.
(Thank you for sharing them.)

Huge hugs and best wishes.
Luv Karen.xx

CraftyCatDesigns said...

Thank you for the free digi's, I've used them & entered the challenge!

What beautiful designs from the DT!

All best wishes to you & your Mum, Dawn x

Mandy :)

Papercrafting Princess said...

Wonderful creations! Thanks for the digis! Prayers have been listed for your MOM

Papercrafting Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire Spielman said...

WONDERFUL contribution...fabulous DT work and just a pleasure to take part in this challenge to benefit BCA so that our children will never know about Breast Cancer in their life.
New follower and thanks for the digis.I've pinned you to my card boards.
Creative Wishes,
Claire S
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Sandra H said...

Thank you for the chance to take part in your Awareness challenge and for the use of your beautiful freebies your so kind! all of the above creations are truly inspiring and l see lots of support with new followers to which l will become too, its wonderful what your doing and l support you 100% carry on with the good work and good on you Dawn for having your head shaved in support of your mum lots of love xx