Good Morning all :)
As you may know this weeks challenge at
Finding the perfect buttons for your creations can sometimes not only be impossible, but it can lead to be a very expensive exercise :( So we thought now would be a good time to share a tutorial with you on how to make you own Faux Buttons!
How to make Faux Buttons
Cardstock (scraps work well for this project)
Designer Paper (scraps work well for this project)
A punch in the shape of your desired button
Glue / glue stick
Clear embossing powder
For this tutorial I am making heart shaped buttons that I have cut using the Silhouette Cameo.
The how to-
1. From the designer paper, punch or cut 1 of your buttons shapes.
2. From cardstock punch or cut 4 of your button shapes. If you feel your cardstock is a little thin you can add another layer.
3. Glue the 4 cardstock buttons on top of each other and then on the top layer, glue on your cut designer paper shape.
4. If you would like to distress or ink the edges of your button do this now. For this tutorial I have distressed the button edges and also added some faux stitching to my button.
5. Glue your button up on the Versamark Pad and then cover with clear embossing powder and heat. You will need your tweezers here to hold your button.
6. Take your eyelet punch and hammer and make the button holes.
7. Glue your button up again on the Versamark Pad and coat with another layer of clear embossing powder. I usually find that 2 coats of embossing powder gives a nice result though you can do more coats if you would like, giving it a deeper dimensional look.
8. Your faux button is now finished and ready for you to embellish your crafty project with!
As you can see here on this card I made using Snowmen from The Crafty Pad Designs . I have used the heart shaped button from this tutorial. I have also made some smaller heart buttons from my heart punch using the same designer paper. Chances of me having ever being able to find buttons with faux stitching in two different sized heart shapes I think would have been near impossible and highly likely expensive; but now we can all have buttons in any shape and color that our projects desire!
We would love to see your faux button creations so please do come back leave us a link to your project(s) using this tutorial. We would also love to see you getting crafty and joining us in the
this week too! So be sure to link up those creations!
We will see you all tomorrow for the winner and Top 5 of the Die-delicious challenge :)
Happy crafting till then :)
xxThe Crafty Pad Teamxx