Find our current challenge HERE
Find the latest winners HERE



Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Mid-week Tutorial - Using Glass Paints with Digi image

Please find our current Challenge HERE

As it is coming up to the Festive period this will probably be our last Mid-week tutorial until the New Year. 

This is a simple tutorial for using glass paints with acetate and digi images. :)

I have altered a box using the Rose image from The Crafty Pad Designs - here

Measure the aperture size of your box and resize  Rose image, print onto copy paper.


Cut your acetate to the size you require for the aperture of your box – please ensure you cut it big enough to adhere to the inside of the aperture.

Lay your sheet of acetate on top of the copy paper and carefully go around the outline of the Rose image with Glass Outliner paint.  
I have used black but you could use any outline colour you prefer.
Allow to dry thoroughly – a few hours or overnight. See photo below.

Time to fill the rose in with colour – I am using Transparent Pale Blue Light (it is actually ‘Peel Off Paint’) but works well for this project.  You could use this type or regular glass paint.
Work the colour and flood inside the black outline.  Pop any air bubbles that may appear as you go.
I only coloured the actual rose blooms not the stem or leaf.
Set aside to dry again for a few hours.
 

When thoroughly dry using your Quickie Glue pen go along the stem, leaf and parts of the rose bloom where you would like to glitter.  Sprinkle with Glamour dust and remove excess. See photo above.
Again set aside to dry.
Once dried you can use an embossing folder and run it through your machine to give a different effect.  I have used my  CB ‘Swirl’ embossing folder.

Use strong DS tape to adhere to the inside of the aperture of your box.

Here is an example I have made.  The box came with flowers in that I had bought.
I used Pesto Alcoholic ink dabbed randomly over the box.  I lined the box with lace.
Around the aperture I used lace, ribbon of pearls and bow to finish.


Tutorial by Debbie


xxThe Crafty Pad Teamxx

2 comments:

cgl1539 said...

I have none of the items to make this project but danged if I am not going to buy them at the earliest opportunity. That is so gorgeous. Fantastic tutorial!!!

Lorraine said...

This is just lovely Debbie. I'll be having a go when I can.