Find our current challenge HERE
Find the latest winners HERE



Wednesday, 5 October 2011

WIRING A WATCH

Please click HERE for this weeks current challenge.

Hello again everybody. We have another tutorial for you this week and this time Debbie is showing you how to use wire on her newly released Pocket Watch image. I have to say, I wish I'd thought of it. It looks great. So, over to Debbie.

This tutorial is to show you how to add a bit or wire dimension to your POCKET WATCH CARD FRONT from THE CRAFTY PAD DESIGNS.


Print off the Pocket Watch & Elements card front to approximately 13cm square.
I have printed the Watch and sentiment ‘Time spent with a Friend’ twice, I also used the Ruler from the Pocket Watch and Elements Set.


Mount the second printed watch, sentiment and ruler onto cardstock and cut out.


Using gold craft wire - wrap it around something that is similar in size to the inner size of your watch face. I used my cylinder that holds my brads. Twist and cut and remove gently from cylinder.



Cut another small length of wire for the hands. Wrap around a cocktail stick twice to form a circle. Cut length to the approximate length of watch hands.


Now cut 4 small lengths of wire – we are going to use these to hold the wire facing in place.


Place wire in position onto watch face and using a piercing tool, pierce a hole either side of the wire (quite close to the wire). Do this at the 12,3,6 and 9 positions of the watch.


Fold the 4 small lengths of wire in half and push each end through the pierced holes from the front of the watch face. Bend the excess wire on the back.


Pierce another hole on the top of the watch and place a regular sized brad, before securing cut off any excess wire - see Pic 7.
Also using a small brad – pierce a small hole in the centre of the watch face to secure the hands.
3D the sentiment that you printed earlier into position.

I have added a portion of chain to complete the watch, Marianne Swirl Die and ribbon – optional.
Papers have been matted and layered with co-ordinating papers.
Lower portion of easel card has been covered using same DP. The second ruler I printed has been 3D and used as the stopper.
I have added a portion of same DP and sentiment will be added later.
The layers and card have been inked with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.

Here are some more views of the finished easel card :-





I hope you enjoy this Tutorial and if you do try it please link back here so that I can pop over to yours and leave you a comment. :)

Images are available from THE CRAFTY PAD DESIGNS if you wish to try out this tutorial. :)

I would like to say a huge thank you to my lovely sister-inlaw who gave me the inspiration for doing this tutorial. :)

xxThe Crafty Pad Teamxx

5 comments:

Trish and Treasure said...

Great tic tutorial!

*Vicki* said...

This is so amazing!! Thanks for sharing how you put this together!! HUGS

Dawn said...

Great tutorial!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sandra said...

Thanks for the Tutorial,
Sandra x

Carole of Brum said...

Wow fabulous tutorial, I would never have thought to do this to the watch stamp but it looks amazing.

And thanks so much for choosing my card as a top 3.....I'm so happy about that and will put the badge on my blog with pride. CoB