Please click HERE for this weeks current challenge.
Hi peeps and a happy Wednesday. I hope you're all having a good week so far and that you're getting some longed for peace now the kiddies are back at school. This week Debbie has written a terrific tutorial for you on how to make a mobile. We hope you have a go and please show us if you do. We'd love to see them.
This is my tutorial – well sort of DIY project for a hanging mobile for baby.
You will need :-
2 wire coat hangers
9 Long thick fussy pipe cleaners
Digi Images from The Crafty Pad Designs :-
Just Ted with Heart,
Rocking Horse from the New Baby Set
Hot Glue Gun
CB embossing folders – optional
Laminator - optional
1. Open images in your photographic programme and size them to approximately 13cm at the longest end. Print onto thick card stock – I have used 300gsm.
With the images still opened in your programme you will now need to ‘mirror’ your images for the back. Print off again.
Colour and cut all your images as you prefer.
Glue matching images together and use CB embossing folder (optional) to create texture. Set to one side.
2. Cut or twist off the hook for hanging of one of the hangers – I have used heavy wire coat hangers that have not been twisted around each other that you get from the dry cleaners. Mine also has a rubber stop on the end of the hook.
3. Place you hangers as shown in pic below and use your hot glue gun to stick both hangers together.
4. Wrap your pipe cleaners around a pencil to give a spiral – do this with them all.
5. Feed them onto the hangers on all lengths and one for the top hook and neck.
6. Use you glue gun again to stick each end of the pipe cleaners to the hangers.
7. Back to our images now – laminate if you wish and cut out leaving a small border all around the images.
Punch holes in the top centre of each and set eyelets.
8. Use some light fibre to attach the image to the hanger. Adjust the length you wish it to be and tie off securely in a knot. Do this for all the images.
9. Using some wide ribbon tie two bows the same size and using the hot glue gun attach to the top hanger as in the photo.
I have also used some mirri card cut into a star to hang from the centre of the hanger to finish – optional.
Please note that this is not a toy and is certainly not safe for young babies or small children to play with. It is designed for decoration only and should be hung out of children’s reach.
Sorry for the poor photos of the finished mobile, but I hope you can see how it looks when completed.
xxThe Crafty Pad Teamxx