Our lovely Ali had made a corner bookmark tutorial for you this week. It even has a matching gift card to go with it. These little things are so handy and make a gorgeous personalized gift. It's really lovely so we hope you all like it. Please come back and show us if you make one.
· Cut a square of card (I use 4”x4”)
· Measure & lightly mark the halfway point on 3 sides with a pencil. (ie. 2”)
· Score between 2 of the points then repeat on the other side, and fold to create the triangle/corner shape.
· Use a border punch along the straight bottom edge to decorate (optional.)
· Turn the bookmark over, so that the folded triangles are at the back. Add a strip of Designer paper to the bottom of the bookmark.
· Tie a ribbon around the bookmark, where the triangle fold finishes (optional: in the example I used ric rac.)
Cut a square of contrasting designer paper (approx. 2.75”) and cut in half diagonally. Use one half to decorate the top of the bookmark (save the other half, as you will need it for the reverse of the bookmark.)
· Create your topper using your favourite image....I have used Thank You Teacher Circle Sentiment, available at THE CRAFTY PAD DESIGNS, and cut it out using one of my lacey circle nesties.
· Add to the front of your bookmark using either foam pads, if you prefer it to be slightly raised, or DST if you prefer it flat.
· To hold the triangle flaps (which make the corner) use the other half from the square that you cut earlier to cover the flaps and create the corner.
· You need to cover the ribbon (if used) so that it doesn’t catch when you are using the bookmark. Use a matching piece of paper or card and fix firmly over the exposed ribbon at the back.
OPTIONAL GIFT CARD
· If you want to give the bookmark as a gift, you can make a gift card.
· I use a 5”x5” card and some co-ordinating DP to cover the front of the card.
· Cut a 4” square of card, and border-punch one edge, to match your bookmark.
· Place the bookmark on top of the 4” card-square, leaving the border peeping out at the bottom...
...then use a pencil to mark the 2 diagonal sides where the bookmark will sit (as shown above.)
· Cut the diagonal pieces off using the pencil marks.
· Add your greeting onto the front.
· Slide the bookmark onto the holder BEFORE adding the foam pads to the back of the holder.
· Stick this onto the front of your gift card to finish.
To use, simply slide the bookmark over the corner of the page you want to save.
This would make a lovely gift for your child's teacher at the end of term!
Here are some more examples of bookmarks, all made using TCP images, which are available at THE CRAFTY PAD DESIGNS, where you can currently take advantage of the 30% off sale until June 2nd.
How about this for your Summertime/Holiday reading on the beach...?!
Or maybe a Thank You for a Nursery Teacher?
So there you are. Lovely isn't it? Have fun.