Find our current challenge HERE
Find the latest winners HERE



Saturday, 12 December 2009

Tutorial - Altered mini wooden dart board cover.

Here is my tutorial for altering a wooden mini dartboard cover to send someone HUGS or just to cheer them up. :)  Would of course make a great Valentine's Gift etc too. :)





It is a mini tutorial if you fancy giving it a go :-

I have used this mini wooden dart board cover - but
you could use a small box or tin.
The lovely Juliet has been in contact with me and
suggested a cd case - which of course would be perfect...thank you
for your suggestion Juliet. :) :)



I used Tim Holtz alcohol ink - Pool Blue
to dab over all over the wood.



This is the effect it gave



Create the wording on the PC as shown in the picture below -
I used natural coloured card for this.
Using the Ted - Hugs stamp or digi download (from The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs)
Colour as preferred.
Cut 3 pieces of ribbed card to the size you require
to cover your surfaces and adhere your image,
and wording onto 2 of them.
Cut another smaller piece to suit the size of you sentiment and adhere.



Now adhere all the elements as shown below.
I have added red heart shaped brads and
also silver mirri card punched hearts.
I also used Anita's 3D gloss to the word 'HUGS' on Ted.





That is it - now you have some 'HUGS'
you can give to someone for them to keep
and use as they need them..lol

Thanks for looking - I do hope it is an easy
to follow tutorial and would love to hear
what you think of it. :) :)

2 comments:

tracy said...

great tutorial easy to follow, lovely end product.

Juliet A said...

This is a charming project, but I have never seen a mini dart board cover before. May I assume this is something unique to the UK?