Find our current challenge HERE
Find the latest winners HERE



Sunday, 8 February 2009

Love Challenge 8

This weeks challenge is Lurve.:) So the theme is Love/Valentines..anyway you interpet the Lurve thing...:)
You do not have to use a Faith image. If you use a Faith image then your name gets entered twice in the draw. :)

This is the prize on offer.....lots of pearlescent sentiments and a nice big length of Lilac satin ribbon...always good to have in your stash..:)



Here is some fabulous inspiration from the talented DT members...and also a real treat - Tina has made a special project and has done a tutorial for you to enjoy:) :)

By Tina:- Tina has used the Faith Hearts on her Fat Page and has made a Brooch on it too - what a great idea a card and gift:)




Here's Tina's tutorial for her wonderful fat page..:)

I used the Love the heart stamps from the Faith stamps.
There are three hearts with beautiful detail on them. I love these hearts,
I have used them to make butterflies and flowers.

And by stamping onto pink card I made a flower
and on pink felt I made a brooch!

Now I am told this 4 by 4 piece is a fat page.

I made the pink hearts into a flower
using silicon glue to raise it up.
Green ribbon makes the leaves.
A button and silver thread
makes the centre.

I started with a pink felt.
Stamped the heart four times in a flower shape.

I cut the whole flower out in one piece,
used pink thread & tiny pink metallic beads
to edge the hearts.

I then used one strand of
silver embroidery thread to stick the
criss cross inside the heart.

A button was sew on the centre with
the same silver thread, leaving long tails.
I added more tails by repeating this step
a couple of times.
I added two small heart shaped charms
with the same thread.

The next layer is pink netting material.
which i hacked into a flower type shape.
I sewed it on folding as I went
to give more shape.
I pulled threads around the edges.
I cut the leaf shape out
in one piece of green felt
This also hides all the messy stitching
on the pink netting.

A fastener is stitched onto the back
and I placed this on the card after
making two small holes with my crop o dile.


By Debbie:- I have used Faith on Windowseat....




By Dawn:-Dawn has used Faith - tres belle...





By Linda:-



If you do not have a blog then please email your entries to me and I shall post them up here for you..:) :)

Email entry from Joani:- gorgeous card Joani...she sure looks live a lovin' kinda gal. :) :)



xxThe Crafty Pad Teamxx

8 comments:

Pascale said...

Hello again I have my new stamps so here is my card
Thank you for looking!
Pascale

Wulfcwen said...

A definate must do and what a wonderful fat page and card.

Wulfcwen said...

Ok my entry is up on my blog

Dee said...

Just looked at your DT creations, love them all.... particularly like the card and gift idea :-)

Dee ... visitor from PCJ's

Lea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lea said...

Sorry about the three deleted comments yesterday, I couldn't get my link to work - talk about more haste less speed! It's too late now, but my card is on my blog :o)